Landlord Information

Swimming Pools Amendment Act 2012

  The Swimming Pools Amendment Act 2012 was passed in NSW Parliament on 23 October 2012. The Amendment Act makes several changes to the Swimming Pools Act 1992, including introducing the following new requirements: 1. Private swimming pool owners must register their swimming pools with council by providing prescribed “registration information” to be entered on a Register of Swimming Pools. This requirement will come into force on 23 April 2013. 2. Local councils must develop and adopt a program for the initial and subsequent periodic inspection of swimming pools for the issue of certificates of compliance. Councils must have their inspection programs in place by 23 October 2013. 3. The Conveyancing (Sale of Land) Regulation 2010 and the Residential Tenancies Regulation 2010 have been amended to require that a valid certificate of compliance be attached the Contract for Sale of Land and provided to residential tenants. These provisions come into force on 23 April 2014....

What is a property condition report?

There are two types of property condition reports. This is a report that is compiled at the commencement of a tenancy prior to your tenant moving into the property. This report outlines the condition of the property at the commencement of the tenancy and is used when the tenant vacates to ensure that the property is left in the same condition. This is the last inspection carried out as soon as possible after the end of a tenancy, when the tenants have returned their keys. The Property Condition Report is used at this inspection and each item is checked off to make certain that the property is in the same condition as when the tenant took possession. It is at this inspection that any items that need to be rectified by the tenant are identified.

What is a Routine Inspection?

  Routine inspections are conducted after a tenant takes possession of the property and are conducted up to a maximum four times a year. These inspections are essential to ensure that your property is being maintained to an acceptable standard and to identify any maintenance that may be required. A copy of the routine inspection report is forwarded to you after each inspection and should it be necessary, a member of the Tracy Roberts Real Estate - Wentworthville Property Management Team will contact you to discuss items noted on the report.

What happens when a tenant stops paying rent?

When a tenant falls behind in their rental payments they are issued with a notice of breach advising them that they are behind and requesting that they rectify the problem. If this is not done within the stipulated time period then a termination notice is issued requiring that they vacate the premises or pay all arrears in full by the due date.

Read More

How do tenants pay their rent?

Tenants have several options to pay their rent, leaving no excuse for late payments. Internet Banking through their chosen financial institution Direct debit from their nominated bank account, we will supply the tenant with our account details to arrange an automatic transfer. By cheque or money order to our office

Read More

When does the rent money get paid into my account?

At the end of every month all monies held, unless instructed otherwise, is paid to you by way of direct debit to your nominated bank account. A statement is issued at the same time outlining the income and expenses for that month. Copies of any expenses for the month are also attached and sent to you with your statement. At the End of Financial Year a statement is also generated summarising all income and expenses for the year.

Read More